What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Involving New In-Laws

When N's parents came to visit him he was working. We only managed to have breakfast together at Weck's and I had a huuuuuuge omelette with egg whites (thank god, no cholesterol overkill) and the afternoon spent at the computer while everybody else including the roommate hung out by the TV watching football. Including N's mother.

I feel somewhat feminine and left out :(

Because he had to work the next day I went out with his family ALONE DUN DUN DUUUUNNN!!! I know, I felt pretty awkward but I couldn't say no when his mother offered to take me around.

So off we went. They picked me up and we drove downtown to look at some history in Old Town.











Around all the souvenir stores were giant chili peppers hanging outside that were left to dry out. Heaps and heaps of them, because people in New Mexico love their chilies. Everywhere we went around here you were bound to see these.

The architecture was very quaint. Old fashioned adobes and vines that would bloom in warmer weather and make this look picture perfect.






We walked around a bit, entering the shops and having a look around merchandise. We stopped at a cafe to have lunch shortly afterwards; it was lunchtime and neither of us had much breakfast really.




The only picture I had of the place. I don't even remember what I ordered...I think it was a sandwich...








Huge Christmas tree sitting in this courtyard. Massive, though not as big as the one at Parra Westfield's that goes up to 5th floor o_o





The main square or town center or whatever you call it.










So cute.

My memory is a little shoddy. We went home afternoon-ish and I didn't do much then. Did lots the next day with Mr. N though! Next post!

2 comments:

Midori said...

What did you guys talk about...like conversation wise was it awkward? Did they talk to you about Mr. N?

The town looks really sweet. Like those quaint little towns you see in American movies lol.

Serena said...

It wasn't too bad. They are pretty easy going people, talked a bit about Sydney and what it's like here.

It only looks small and sweet because it's "old town". It's not really like this anywhere else xD