What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

High Tea with Serena

High tea about a week ago to catch up with S after her very long trip to America. Some much needed girl time was in order!!

We made a reservation for: The Tea Room in the QVB.

Upon entering, we were seated with the waiters pulling out chairs for us and laying the napkins and all, then presented with a huge selection of teas.

We both picked some form of oolong tea i think it was and ordered the Traditional Afternoon tea.

After a few moments we were presented with this:


Three tiers of goodness (this is 2 servings for the both of us).




Cute brown and white sugar cubes.


Jam and cream for the scones.



My tea in a nice cup (actually the cup was a little dirty and stained)


S sipping her tea like a lady.


Finger sandwiches: Some ham sandwiches and some tuna on wholegrain sandwiches. Both with saturated with mayonnaise to make it super nice tasting and topped with spouts which I actually like now. We were later presented with more sandwiches if we liked and we took another 2 tuna and 2 egg sandwiches (free of charge). I NEVER eat plain white boiled eggs but i made an exception that day and the mashed eggs proved to be very tasty (prob again due to mass amount of mayonnaise) That little pastry was filled with some green thing and feta cheese. I took a few nibbles but didn't like it so Serena ate it in the end.



2nd tier: some Friands, tarts and chocolate cakes and cream filled passionfruit pastry. These were all quite yummy but very tiny.


Scones! When we ate these they were already cold (I don't think they were hot to start with) but they weren't that light and fluffy, more dense.

The spinach and ricotta pastry was quite nice considering I wouldn't normally eat it.

Overall it was a pleasant experience although if it weren't for the extra sandwiches probably not filling enough. The tea wasn't as nice as I expected considering the descriptive nature of the menu that made it seem so good. The water they used was luke warm rather than hot which is the way I like my tea.


S eating the strawberry tart and showing off her ring and blue nails.


Interior of Tea Room.


Table clattered with pretty cups and saucers.


another photo of pretty cup.



Camwhore


camwhore 2. Yes I cut my hair....

Later we went shopping yay! We were at Diva (or was it equip?) for ages since they had sale on! Bought a lot of accessories again.

I think this photo was in equip, I decided to wear an outrageously large bow and take a photo. Serena wore this pretty white headband but we didn't buy either in the end.


We also went into Missha to look at some beauty products but my skin is too dark (FML) for any of their BB creams. Instead walked away with a Vegetable peel off face mask (doesn't feel that much different but very amusing to use)

Also went into Oroton which had a massive sale! Almost ended up buying stuff we don't necessarily need lol.

We annoyed some ladies at SES while trying on and pulling back the curtains to reveal our outfits. Haha good girly times.


My girly High Tea outfit. Serena said my legs/thighs look skinner. Yay! I was bored sitting infront of the massive wall of full length mirrors while Serena was changing.

We got hungry by then and went to Wagamama.


I had the Yaki-Soba (I think) with whole wheat noodles. It was average nothing memorable about it.

Forgot what S had and too hungry by then to take photos.


Fried Sweet poato chips with wasabi/mayo sauce. We ordered this as a side and it never came so later on we asked about it and they quickly put an order through and gave it to us complimentary. yay for free food! This justified our next food purchase.....



Passionfruit sorbet served with lychees and a sake shot. At first we tried out a little drop of sake with the icecream, deemed it too mild to make a real diference and thought it was just a marketing gimmick so we poured all the sake onto the icecream. Oops. It was quite strong and we left some nicecream soaked in Soba in the end.

Since we got the complimentary chips we thought it justified to pick another dessert.

White chocolate and ginger cheesecake. This was quite yummy I liked it!

Food was alright, a little overpriced for average tasting food though I would like to come back to try some ramen or something else.

The other day I recieved a coupon for 35% off one book at Borders. I went crazy and printed 3 copies of the coupon and made my mum, my brother and me go up separately to the counter to redeem it. I bought the following books and the 2nd book in the Harry Potter series for my brother.



I've already finished reading Animal Farm (which was quite good) and about 1/3 of the way thorugh 1984. I am such a bore reading classics but I have this thing where I want to read the top 100 books. I've read about 10 of them.... 90 to go!

I read Animal Farm while I was monitoring a Trial Test class yesterday during my tutoring job. After the trial test finished I had to go through and review the questions the students got wrong. Anyone who questioned my authority or wasn't listening/paying attention to me I was not very kind to. The book made me rule the classroom totalitarian style. I was even scared of myself!

That's all for tonight, I have a lot more photos still of when I went on holidays to the Entrance! and then Gold Coast photos will be coming soon too and I'm so excited about my recent shopping buys I want to post photos so much! (I think I become more outrageous everytime, I bought a rectangular box dress and my dad was so amused/curious/in a "wtf??" mood that he even tried it on. Dw it's not as bad as it sounds....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you guys didn't invite me
I am so disappointed and sad ><

-Min

Serena said...

Soz Minglez, but it was a private girls day out just the two of us :)