What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sydney Nomz Part Furrr

I've waited as long as I can but I should be blogging about this occasion, since I started. It needs to be finished and then archived into the library of past experiences once and for all.

Basically, GET OVER IT SERENA.

So, my bellas, I give you the last few days.

I spent one of those days bringing N to see our famous Bondi Beach. It was a warm day, but not a very good day for swimming. I didn't manage to pack my swimsuit so all we did was looking, walk on the beach and breathe in the lovely salty, fresh air.







Unfortunately we didn't stay long because the clouds started rolling in and it suddenly got pretty cold.

But not before I convinced him to eat a FRIED MARS BAR :D

Oh, calories and saturated fats galore!

That evening we went back to the City and I wanted to eat ginseng chicken soup and I was a bit sniffly, need me some warm, chicken broth! I can't believe I forgot the name of the Korean restaurant. It's the one underneath Fullhouse, behind The Galeries Victoria on Pitt St. I can't seem to find it on Google Maps, but anyway. It's tucked away in a corner.

But when we arrived they told us that they had no more ginseng chicken soup! That put me in a bad mood because that was the sole reason I wanted to eat there :(

Instead we had a plate of teriyaki chicken (ripoff man...) and some other soup with flour noodles in a clear broth. Little did I know that it was seafood broth and there were a lot of octopus bits in it.







By this time of the week Kebu had come home from the US of A and it was time that he met my "significant other". We all went out for lunch aka breakfast in my case, the things N does for me seriously...which was to be at Market City.

Kebubu and Butterfly cheesu!




Maria arrived late since she had just finished uni, but was on her way. She made it in time for food. Sorry guys but the food was crap. N was such a sport saying that he liked it but trust me he liiieeeessss ;D




It even looked kinda...I'll stop talking.

After lunch we walked around a bit then decided to go karaoke. Except...B wanted to go to a specific place but didn't really know where it was. After looking around we found out it was just off the corner of the hotel N was staying at lol.

And we karaoked like typical Asians for several hours until our voices were hoarse and dying and we couldn't stand hearing Kebu and B bellow an epic version of Phantom of the Opera.

Did you leave before hearing that, Marweechi? If you did, lucky you LOL.

We should do it again sometime LOLOL.


Next day was a trip to the other beach, Manly Beach, mostly because it requires a ferry to get there and more ferry rides is always a good thing. Another reason was because I rarely ever go to Manly and have never been to the beach there. Our original plan was to rent 2 canoes but when we got there the shop was closed! Whhhyyyy!! I was so bummed out.

This was what I had for breakfast, Ajisen Ramen in Chinatown near McDonalds!




Looking at it makes me hungry.

Not wanting me to be upset, N suggested we go to the beach and just look around, maybe have a picnic in the sand or something. So that's kinda what we did.





OMG there were so many cockatoos in the grass it was insane! I managed to sneak up real close and snap a few pictures before they all took off. I managed to get a pic of them mid flight and it was so beautiful and awesome. Highlight of the day.








While walking around the tiny shopping district in Manly I got a roll at one of the deli's.

And holy crap this was one hell of a roll.

They offered boccocini cheese balls!! I LOVE BOCCOCINI!




NOM NOM NOM.

I was very reluctant to share with Mr. N.

Also got some baklava (I've had better, see Granville Station).




And we sat in the sand and ate good food in each other's company.

Since it was Friday night I remember that the Friday markets were on in Chinatown although I don't know when it started. It was late afternoon but by the time we walked from Circular Quay to Chiantown (yes, seriously, N likes to walk) all the stalls were open and the crowds were thick and hungry.

It was funny getting snippets of conversations from people who have NO idea what the foods were, and wondering if it tasted nice. How dare thee question the yummiliciousness of takoyaki and BBQ pork sheets dripping with honey!!

Mmmm so good...

We had a bowl of super spicy and hot seafood balls and a large container of salt and pepper squid which went to waste because I didn't like it much.

And we also bought a box of DRAGON BEARD CANDY OMGAH. I LURVE dragon beard candddyyyy!!!

Everytime I see it I buy it. I bought some in Korea too :D

And surprisingly, N loved them too!




We went back and bought another box to take home with us :D This time we caught the free shuttle.

Then, surprisingly, we managed to fit a cup of gelato and a few lychees (his first time, this was such an educational vacation for him) then it was bedtime.

One more post to go, saving the best for last.

No comments: