What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gold Coast: Day 1

EDITED BY SERENA

Hmm it's been a while since our little holiday but I thought I should probably write something about it before we all forget it!

Some of the people who took the train! I hitched a ride with Kebu in car!



So on February 4th, 2010 the 12 of us minus Maria went on a holiday to the Gold Coast! Everyone assembled at the airport at about 9am for the 10:05 plane. We checked in smoothly and went smoothly past security although Kebu went through the luggage screen twice (was it cuz of a stapleless stapler??) and I got randomly selected to be examined through a random screening test (wtf I somehow look like a terrorist and the lady said I sounded nervous.)


The weather wasn't looking too good but here's our plane waiting for lift-off.


Bye bye Sydney.


To rid myself of nervousness on the plane we camwhored lol.


And some more...








And more...


This is so not my frightened face at the turbulence...


The sky is super super pretty!

We had nothing else to do so for the rest of the trip S, minglez and I did the jetstar booklet quiz and got something like 18/40 or was it 30... anyway major fail.


When we reached the coastline to GC it was so pretty!! Lots of pretty photos followed.






At the airport everyone was starving but we walked out of the checkout place before we thought about food... so there we were standing waiting for a bus while starving with some of us not having had any breakfast. Eventually a bus came and we all climbed onboard and watched for the right bus stop to get off at.

Everything went smoothly and we arrived at our apartments.


Capricornia. I thought I had a full length picture but my camera was on movie mode so instead I have a sideways 2 second movie of the place.

We checked in with no problems and our hunger almost disappeared with the excitment of arriving at a new place!! I ran in and took over the ensuite muahahaha.

We had rooms 11 and 12 on the 3rd floor.

In Room 11:
Ensuite: Miiven
2 Singles (1): Josh and Quach
2 Singles (2): Simon and Shu

In Room 12:
Ensuite: Me and my crush
Queen bedroom: Serena and B
2 Singles: Kebu and Richard although he took the rollout bed and placed it in the loungeroom and slept there for thew remainder of the trip.

Room 11:

Entry/dining area where we had a night of Pizza and drunken shot pong.


Kitchen where I cooked endless Miso Soup and where all the stuff we didn't want to go off was stored.


Loungeroom with really comfy recliner chairs. Those chairs were awesome... especially right infront of that aircon that was on 24/7....


Bathroom with bathtub that was only used to wash feet.


My ensuite room! We made it look really neat before we left! We even had a balcony where I liked to go at night with a view of the pool and spa.


Our ensuite walk in robe + bathroom. There's no door to the bathroom.. and the door to the wardrobe doesn't lock!!


S and B's room left messily before we left.


Kebu and Rich's room well mostly Kebu's room....


Laundry room where Kebu is found a lot of the time....

After checking out both rooms and comparing them we finally got ourselves out the door to lurk the streets.


We searched for a place to eat. Half of us went to Maccas but I wasn't feeling the fast food vibe and after passing a Thai place with people eating massive bowls of noodles I was set on Thai. Everyone is so indecisive or unwilling to express their opinions so I proclaimed we shall have Thai and a few of us sat down and had Thai with this nice Thai IcedTea. It wasn't the best thai but it filled us up!!

When the meal was finished, thai half of group met up with maccas group and we went to Woolworths to do our grocery shopping. There was just too many people shopping at once so Crush and I decided to head back with Minglez instead of interfering with deciding on food.

I don't actually remember what we did when we got back... maybe take a nap lol.

Later as the others got back we cooked spaghetti. By we I mean S and B mostly haha. Most of the guys sat around and did nothing. I think I helped make the sauce a bit. The spaghetti took forever to make as we were unaware of the presence of a large pot so cooked small bunches of spaghetti at a time... it was a time consuming process but it was a delicious meal!!

Did we go out for icecream after? I do not remember... anyway that's all for Day 1 I'm tired..

3 comments:

ButterflyCoffin said...

Is 'taking a nap' euphemism for anything?

Midori said...

lol wtf no !!

LyChee said...

awwwwwwwwwwww >.<; missed everything...